Coastal décor is a beach–inspired type of interiors that relies on natural light, a soft palette from which blue and light blue cannot miss, an airy feel, natural textures, and a few beach– or sea-related items and motifs. In other words, it’s a relaxed and breezy summer all year round!
- Coastal Style are elements that are known to go particularly well with it:
- For a tropical island coastal décor, incorporate more actual palms or palm patterns, brighter accents, natural teak, and tropical motifs like pineapples and flamingoes
- Mediterranean coastal décor homages Greek, Italian, and Spanish shores with more sunbaked colors, a few black iron or metal accents, and decorative items made of terracotta
- Coastal cottage décor combines maritime themes with a rustic touch, and you can emphasize it with even more distressed elements and an abundance of cozy textures
- Why you’re going to love coastal décor:
- Your home will be full of charming beach-house vibes, making you feel like you’re always on vacation
- You’ll get to create a balanced palette that’s calm and relaxing
- You can really bring nature inside your home
- There are lots of opportunities to make this style unique by focusing on the right sea motif for you.